Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Common Terms
- How do I create a new stream?
- What does it mean when my stream status is INACTIVE?
- How do I increase the maximum users?
- My question was not answered by the FAQ, what do I do now?
- Mount Point
- A mount point is the unique URL for linking to a stream.
- Broadcast Point
- A broadcast point is the unique URL that allows media players to stream your content.
- Maximum Users
- This number represents the total number of users that may listen to a stream at any given time.
Note: Primary and Alternate servers share the number of users.
- PLS File
- A .PLS file provides a list of media items for a media player to play. For streaming media, it provides a list of broadcast points.
- ASX File
- An .ASX file provides a list of media items for a media player to play. For streaming media, it provides a list of broadcast points.
Simply fill out the required fields on your Add a Stream page. After you complete the form you will be take to an information page that will list mount and broadcast points.
An inactive status lets you know that the mount point has been created and is online, but no one is currently broadcasting to the mount point.
To begin broadcasting to a mount point, please consult your encoder's documentation. All the information you need is available on your feed information page.
Currently there is no way for users to increase the maximum number of users. Please contact our support staff to request an increase.
We're sorry to hear that, and we are always happy to answer any questions you have. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (512) 535-5459 for further assistance.